A caged bear bites two arms of 5-year-old boy

Date: September 18th 2013

VietNamNet Bridge – Seeing a bear in the cage in his uncle’s home, a five-year-old boy in Phu Tho moved closer to the cage to feed the bear, but his two arms were bitten by the bear.

Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Hung, Head of the Orthopaedics Ward of the National Pediatrics Hospital in Hanoi, said that Hai was hospitalized in the state of losing both arms. The right arm was cut until the shoulder joint while the left arm was lost to the elbow. The boy was in shock because of blood loss.

Doctors immediately conducted blood, intravenous fluid transfusions, anti-shock methods, then cut the bruised flesh. The boy has recovered but he is still in fear.

Taking care of the child at the hospital, the boy’s mother said several days ago, her family paid a visit to her brother’s home. This man bred a bear for gall. The bear was locked in an iron cage. While the adults were busy, they suddenly heard the boy scream. When they came, they saw the boy’s arms were eaten by the bear.

Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Hung said he had never seen any case like this. Previously, the hospital treated some children who lost several knuckles after being bitten by animals in the Hanoi Zoo.

Le Ha

No comments: