11/21/11

Sun Bear Diary – Mary and ants – Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre

Sun Bear Diary – Mary and ants – Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre


This is something that I wanted to do every time I walk one of our sun bear cubs in the forest: I want to upload and post the videos that I took (literally hundreds of them if not thousands already) of the bears doing their “things” in the forest and share them to the world. However, I am always facing the dilemma of finding enough time to do so. :(


Yesterday I walked Mary the sun bear for the first time after being away for 3 weeks (our stuff and volunteer walked her during my absence) in the forest like before. We had a great time together in the forest (although both the leeches and mosquitoes were really bad because of the heavy rain we had lately). Although she still wanted to suck my finger once in a while to seek comfort, her condition is much better compare to last month when she first came here. She moved much faster and more agile. Good news for sure.


I hope I can find more time to upload and catch up with editing and uploading the videos on internet so that you all can see their special behavior and illusive life style. Stay tuned and enjoy the video!








IMG_8387bb

No comments: