9/4/11

Now everyone can see sun bears in the forest! – Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre

Now everyone can see sun bears in the forest! – Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre

By: Siew Te Wong

After 4 years of idea developing, planning, and more than 3 years of hard working from many people, I am proud to present you the sun bears that we rescued at Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre!


Although not all of our bears are in the forest enclosures, we are working hard to train them so that they can adapt their new life in the forest enclosures soon. These sun bears feed a lot on natural food items such as termites, and ants, in the forest enclosures. Both sightings and scat analysis conformed this observation.


Today I have a great day seeing Cerah, Jelita, and Lawa the sun bears destroying decayed wood to feed on termites, climbing on tree to feed on ants, and digging on soil but do not know what they were after. What I know that they were having a lot of fun, chasing and playing with each other in the dense forest floor!


Thanks to you all and your kind support;


Thanks to all the Bear Action Team volunteers who help us built this and built that;


Thanks to all the husbandry volunteers who help us clean cages, prepare bear food, make enrichments, and take good care of our bears;


Thanks to all the BSBCC staff, especially Wai Pak, and all the LEAP team, Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre team, for making the life of our bears better;


Thanks to Sabah Wildlife Department, Sabah Forestry Department, and LEAP to be the partners of this project;


WE DID IT BECAUSE OF YOU!


Finally, thanks to Peter Yuen for helping us took these photos of our bears in the forest enclosure.


Now everyone can see sun bears in the forest!


You can read more Peter’s Yuen photography work and support BSBCC by buying these photos online:


Blog: http://www.peteryuenphotography.com/Blog/BSBCC


Gallery: http://www.peteryuenphotography.com/Animals/The-Sun-Bears-of-Borneo



~ Siew Te Wong, Founder and CEO, Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre


AQ2I6008


AQ2I6013


AQ2I6017


AQ2I6021


AQ2I6037


AQ2I6077


AQ2I6092


AQ2I6095


AQ2I6116


AQ2I6123


AQ2I6129


AQ2I6134


AQ2I6148


AQ2I6154


AQ2I6156


AQ2I6201


AQ2I6241


AQ2I6243


AQ2I6254


AQ2I6263


AQ2I6268


AQ2I6274


AQ2I6294


AQ2I6309


AQ2I6319


No comments: