8/17/26

๐’๐ฎ๐ง ๐›๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ฌ: ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐จ๐๐ข๐ž๐ฌ, ๐ ๐ข๐š๐ง๐ญ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐›๐ข๐ ๐ ๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ.

Text by Calista Myra Mathew (UNIMAS Intern)

 

One of the bears who left a lasting impression on me was Logan. He’s curious, adventurous, and has a personality all his own. After a difficult start in life, Logan found a new home at BSBCC, where he continues to explore his surroundings and do things in his own way. Life hasn’t always been easy for him, but he never stops trying.

I joined this volunteer programme because I’ve always loved wildlife and wanted to do more than just learn about conservation in class. I wanted to experience it firsthand, get my hands dirty, and play a part in caring for the sun bears.

One of my favorite moments was seeing the bears enjoy the enrichment I made. Watching them play, explore, and interact with something I had worked on was incredibly rewarding.

Of course, there were challenges, especially getting used to the physical work and daily routine. But I learned to stay positive, ask for help when I needed it, and work together with the team. Eventually, it all became part of the adventure.

Throughout the programme, I learned so much about sun bears — their behavior, individual personalities, and the challenges they face in the wild. It made me realise how much effort goes into conservation and giving these bears a second chance.

This experience has changed me in many good ways. I feel more confident, responsible, and even more passionate about protecting wildlife. I’m leaving BSBCC with great memories, new friends, and an even stronger love for sun bears. ๐Ÿป๐ŸŒฟ






No comments: