6/4/22

WHY BSBCC?

Text by Muhammad Farid Imran b Muhammad Rafidi

​Photos by Seng Yen Wah


Hey its Farid here ! I am a 3rd year student of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and I just finished my 2 weeks of internship at Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre.
 
Here I would like to share why BSBCC should be your first choice for your upcoming internship. Being a student, it is undeniable that we all are looking for a place that can provide allowance, meal and in a location that is a stone’s throw away from our house. Sadly, all these 3 things are not going to be provided here. But upon stepping into the center you will realize that these were not going the be your priority anymore.
 
First and foremost, all the staffs here are very friendly. Who would have thought that I would find a bunch of people here whom I can proudly call my family. My buddy here is David who is a senior staff at BSBCC. He is very funny and full of knowledge. Any question you asked, he will find a way to answer it nicely. Apart from that, here in BSBCC there is no age barrier. This means that everyone will be treated fairly and nicely including the new interns. Even you are new here, you still can make jokes with them and have dinner together. To be specific at a steamboat restaurant in which you will never forget about it. You want to know why? Go and apply your internship here then you will know why.



Secondly, the internship program here is well structured. Before you start working, Pradeep who is the Bear Care Officer a.k.a. your big brother will plan everything for your internship program. You will get a timetable which contains your daily task. Apart from that, you will have a few sessions  with Dr Wong, Dr Boon and Pradeep. All these sessions were a golden opportunity for me to ask as many questions as possible to answer all my inquiries. You also will have a chance to do health checks for the bears and fecal floatation tests. In short, your time here is full with activities.
 
Last but not least, the presence of Dr Wong who is the CEO here will bring magic in your life. Trust me just by hearing his story on how he managed to build this center from scratch, your motivation to achieve anything in your life will boost up drastically. I still remember that he said success only requires patience and perseverance. This makes me realize that everyone has a chance to succeed in their career.
 
My last words are DO YOUR INTERNSHIP AT BSBCC NOW !!!!

No comments: