6/26/22

Short But Sweet Times With BSBCC

Text by Aminah Saudah Mazidah binti Zulkefli

Photos by Aminah Saudah Mazidah binti Zulkefli & Seng Yen Wah

Living as an "Aminah" is a bit complicated when it comes to making life decisions because this girl right here always has another thought (or what ifs) stuck on her mind. But as she grows up, she learns to be confident in anything she does. Well, here she is, sharing a story about how she ended up volunteering with BSBCC — the best of the best internship experience she ever had.
 
Hello! It's me, Minah, another volunteer from DVM UPM who broke into tears on the last day of the internship because I don't want to go back to Selangor yet. The very first reason I wanted to volunteer at BSBCC was because I looooove outdoor activities (hiking, trekking etc.) a lot. So the first thing that came into my mind was doing outdoor activities and I was like, "Wahh, this must be good for me, I think I'm gonna like it". And yes! I love it so much to be there, at BSBCC. It was hard to describe how content I was for the whole one week working (read: volunteering, but I really feel like I was their staff HAHA!) there. Another reason was that I have very little exposure towards wildlife animals and their conservation, so I thought BSBCC could be the kickstarter for me to gain experience and knowledge in the field.

What I was really grateful for while being there doing my internship was knowing the staffs, Dr Wong, Dr Boon, bear house team, and for sure, the bears. I learned so much from them, the academic and life value aspects — friendship, teamwork and perseverance. Working in the bear house with the team has taught me a lot of these things, and I will treasure them (the lessons, the people and the bears) for the rest of my life. I could not express my gratitude toward all of them in any other way rather than praying that He will repay every one of them at BSBCC for their kindness, sincerity and selflessness. May He ease your way and ours as well.






No comments: